Ideas With Intention, Detaching Happiness From Achievement and Creating the Impact You Know You Can with Shannan Scott - 019
Shannan is a small business strategist and the creator of the very well done Ideas with Intention podcast. With a background in event planning and nutrition, she never thought she would end up in the world of online entrepreneurship. She's clearly in the right place and is a godsend to other entrepreneurs when it comes to creating ideas with impact and intention.
In this episode, I talk with the lovely Shannan Scott. We had been talking back and forth for a while and just enjoying each others company. Which is why it felt so easy and natural to have a conversation with her. During the recording of this episode, Shannan was in Hawaii and I was in Denmark, which makes it doubly cool.
We talk all about her path from the corporate world to online entrepreneurship. We get into the details of how exactly she did it, and what the experienced/faced on her path. One of my favorite parts of the interview was the end when she answered the 5 rapid fire questions. So interesting!
- Why Shannon is trying out intermittent fasting.
- How she went from being an event planner to an unexpected entrepreneur.
- How she felt creatively constricted and the moment she realized she wasn't using all of her strengths.
- Why she became a nutritionist and how it opened her eyes.
- How it felt for her to switch from nutrition to the uncertainty of entrepreneurship.
- Why she made the switch.
- How she supported herself to make the big jump to being a full-time entrepreneur.
- How not being able to get a job helped her to get her business going.
- The importance of looking for other opportunities for support and asking for help.
- Why she started the Ideas with Intention podcast.
- How her strength of being able to finish things is key to her ability to help other entrepreneurs.
- The 2 reasons why entrepreneurs sometimes don't see the impact they hoped for with their ideas.
- How her childhood shaped her perspective on what she wanted to do with her life.
- Why the work she's doing today lights her up and what's at the core of it all.
- The importance of honoring your potential.
- If Shannon struggles with self-doubt and where it comes from.
- The importance of not attaching your happiness to achievement.
- Why she makes a point to celebrate her accomplishments.
- Shannon's thoughts on overwhelm and how she deals with it.
- The 3 questions to ask yourself when you're feeling overwhelmed and unfocused.
- What weird trait Shannon has.
- The book she's reading right now.
- The three things she would bring if stranded on a deserted island.
- The advice she would give her 20-year-old self.
- Shannon's Rebel Cause.