Emotional Eating, Healing Our Relationship with Food, Money Mindset, Self-worth, Private Jets, and Taco T-Shirts with Samantha Skelly - 010
Sam is a badass lady on a mission to revolutionize the weight loss industry by helping people identify what the physical weight they're carrying is representing. Instead of putting "bandaids on bullet wounds" with restrictive dieting and exercising, she's only interested in getting to the root of the issue. And she's damn good at it!
On this episode, I talk with Samantha Skelly of Hungry for Happiness. Our conversation is fun, inspiration, and highly informative.
Listen in to hear Sam's story on how she went from having her own difficult struggles with food and weight, to creating a thriving business and movement that helps women heal their relationship with food and their bodies.
- Sam's origin story.
- Her dreams before she started doing what she is now.
- How her struggles with relationship to food started.
- How overcoming her struggles with food spurred her to create this movement.
- How restriction can cause your body to stop trusting you.
- How our fight with food and body is all internal.
- The most common root causes of an unhealthy relationship with food.
- How women are building businesses like men and why it's not working.
- How Sam's feminine approach to building a business helps her succeed.
- The importance of being in alignment with what you're doing.
- How Sam arranges her day to prevent burnout.
- The importance of play and how more play allows creativity.
- Self-worth and how it's essential for success in your business and life.
- The importance of taking the focus off money and working on yourself.
- How Sam cultivates a sense of self-worth in herself.
- The phrase "I am in the process off..." and why it's helpful to use it.
- How Sam is in the process of writing an album.
- Money and how it relates to our relationship with food.
- How we can change our beliefs to change our income.
- How Sam went from making $30,000 per year to $300,000 in 12 months.
- How worrying is he worst use of our imagination and how Sam was stuck in the cycle of worrying and how she changed it.
- Dancing with darkness - how if we learn to dance with it and make peace with it, it can help us move forward.
- How our only role while on this planet is to heal our bodies, and how leaning in to the darkness helps that to happen.
- Why Sam started doing "90 Days of Still" and what it's taught her so far.
- Sam's new business idea. ;)
- Looking at relationships as changing forms instead of ending.
- What was on Sam's 2017 vision board.
- How Sam manifests her vision quickly and consistently.
- Sam's advice to her 20-year-old self.
- Sam's rebel cause.