Beat Bloating, Get Glorious Skin, and Feel Fanfreakingtastical by Taking Care of Your Gut Health with Digestion Guru Heather Woodruff - 012
Heather is a Digestion Guru and Certified Nutritional Practitioner. She reminds me of a digestion fairy godmother. She is incredibly knowledgeable when it comes to digestion and is a genius at helping people discover what may be upsetting the balance in their gut. Heather knows how to work to heal the gut and get it back to super ninja status! Not to mention she may be one of the sweetest people I have ever met!
In this episode, I chat with Heather Woodruff a Digestion Guru and Certified Nutritional Practitioner. If you experience digestive upset like bloating, IBS etc. then this episode is for you. Heather and I get deep into the topic of the gut and the power and importance of microbial balance.
Heather is incredibly knowledgeable and approaches health in a very sane and easy to implement kind of way. After I chatted with her I felt like I had been visited by the health and wellness fairy. You probably will too. ;)
- What Heather had for breakfast the day of our interview.
- How Heather became a Digestion Guru and Certified Nutritional Practitioner.
- How she felt thin and fit in the morning and bloated and looking "pregnant" in the evening.
- How her digestive issues influenced what she wore during the day.
- Heather's thoughts on natural medicine and western medicine and finding a balance between the two.
- The cause of Heather's digestive issues (bloating and IBS).
- How sugar can negatively affect our bacterial balance in our gut.
- How Heather approaches the elimination diet and how it gives her absolute certainty about which food we're sensitive to.
- Symptoms that may be signs of food sensitivities.
- How poor skin conditions can be a result of an unhealthy gut.
- How Heather went from not being able to have dairy to slowly reintroducing it.
- How being patient with your body is key to healing the gut.
- Katie's experience with the birth control pill and how it can affect your gut.
- The Grow, Raise, Harvest, or Hunt way of eating. What it is, and how it will benefit your gut and overall health.
- Looking at what our Great Grandmothers ate - why you should keep this in mind when grocery shopping.
- How no amount of "superfoods" will supplement for a healthy core diet.
- The benefits of eating close to our ancestral diets.
- How Heather saves money and still eats healthy.
- How much meat is a healthy amount to eat.
- Why Heather is a huge advocate for fermented foods and getting probiotics from a natural source.
- How we've lost the art of fermented foods.
- Heather's thoughts on Kombucha.
- Heather's top tips for eating in a gut-healthy way when time is a factor.
- How you can make eating healthy easy by going slow. It doesn't have to be all or nothing.
- Heather's Advice to her 20-year-old self.
- Heather's Rebel Cause.