Jenna Herbut: Writing a Book in Bali, Deciding to Succeed, Trusting and Surrendering, and Picking Up Chicks at the Pool - 024
Jenna is the founder of Make It Show, one of the most popular and well-attended craft shows in Canada. She's also the founder of Conscious Lab a space for igniting the creative spark and is in the process of writing her book "Make It Happen". Jenna is FULL of spark, light, power, and wisdom. She is 100% herself and that is the power of Jenna. To know her is to love her.
On this episode, I talk with the founder of the Make It Show. To know Jenna is to know someone who is absolutely unapologetically herself. While I was editing this episode I caught myself laughing and smiling at the essence that is Jenna Herbut. She's a powerhouse and a natural born entrepreneur.
During this interview, we enjoy some wine while sitting out on the patio in Ubud, Bali. Jenna and I get into some deep and extremely inspirational and REAL conversation. It will leave you feeling empowered, equipped, and with a big smile on your face.
WE TALK ABOUT
- The power of the mind.
- The fear of taking a risk.
- Why Jenna loves Bali and the reminders it gives her around letting things happen as they're meant to.
- Picking up ladies at the pool.
- The importance of just allowing and leaving space for the miraculous.
- How life never looks exactly as you think it will look and the importance of setting an intention and letting go of control.
- How Jenna grew up listening to Tony Robbins.
- The importance of listening to patterns and impulse and not sitting with decisions for too long.
- Ernie and Bert feelings - what it means and why you need the balance between the two.
- The importance of focused effort and "sitting your butt down in the chair".
- Jenna's book called "Make it Happen" that is soon to be launched!
- Her experience while writing the book.
- Jenna's first business Booty Beltz and how it went from an idea to a full-fledged business.
- How the Make it Show started.
- Why Jenna had a bar at her first craft show and how she shook things up!
- How the Make it Show has grown from its roots to where it is today.
- Asking the question, what is the secret sauce to making it big?
- Katie's first "business" as a kid.
- The importance of making the decision to succeed.
- Listening to Abraham Hicks.
- The importance of making a commitment and knowing when to reach out for help.
- How to know when it's time to quit and move on to the next thing.
- The story of the "super hot dude" from Australia who worked at a gas station and turned down working as a model.
- "Boats and bros" - we ladies deserve it ;)
- The importance of asking your call as opposed to answering everyone else's cause.
- The importance of letting go of attachment to any specific ideas or visions.
- Why we need to "trust and surrender" in order to open ourselves up to the gifts life is trying to give us.
- Why western culture has a hard time trusting ease and often sees it as laziness.
- Why the things that are meant to be will be easy once we trust and surrender.
- The concept of collective consciousness and the importance of who you surround yourself with.
- The warm hug that is Bali.
- What our "internal thermostats are" and why it's important to understand its there.
- Being careful of self-sabotage.
- The story of struggle that we tell ourselves and how it doesn't help us.
- The importance of inviting ease into your life and believing in it.
- Why we need to be aware of the energy we're bringing to any situation.
- Diving deeper into Jenna's experience writing a book and the realizations she's had.
- How you can look at anything with a different perspective that will shape how you feel about any specific material. It is what you make it.
- How Jenna's perception of herself has shifted since writing this book.
- The importance of working in a space that feels good.
- Why money and your self-worth are linked and the importance of deciding that you're worth it.
- The amazing question of "Who decides that you're worth it?" - The importance of deciding for yourself.
- The guy who gamed trip advisor, and the power of suggestion.
- How you can always tell if someone has "wobble" when they're not fully owning their value.
- The importance of looking yourself in the mirror and asking yourself honestly.
- Rapid Fire Questions:
- If you could be frozen at any age what would it be?
- If you could invite any 5 people (dead or alive) to a dinner party who would you invite?
- What book are you reading right now?
- What advice Jenna would give her 20-year-old self.
- What is her Rebel Cause?
RESOURCES & MENTIONS
- Man on Wire - Documentary
- Kimberly Rich - Jenna's friend from Texas
- Abraham Hicks
- Tony Robbins
- The Big Leap - Book by Gay Hendricks
- Interview with Danielle Wiebe
- Karla Dreyer - Interior Designer in Vancouver
- Marie Forleo
- The guy who "gamed Trip Advisor"
- The Power of Habit - Book by Charles Duhigg